While Labor Day is often synonymous with the end of summer, it’s really more than that. Labor Day celebrates what we accomplish when we work together.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the annual holiday is a tribute to all working men and women, and an opportunity to recognize the contributions they make to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country.
In the health care industry, especially, our work is some of the most challenging and yet, most rewarding. We care for patients in some of their most vulnerable moments – when they are not feeling their best – and help them work through their diagnosis.
At LifeCare, we could not achieve our mission to Accelerate Healing, Restore Health and Improve Life without each of you. Whether you care directly for patients at the bedside or their home, or you support those who do, each of you plays a valuable role in delivering world-class quality care to the patients we serve.
We know first-hand what we can accomplish when working together. So far, in 2018, LifeCare has:
- Successfully rolled out our new mission, vision and values through the LifeCare Movement
- Acquired new home health agencies, Care First and EverCare, in Las Vegas
- Opened a Wound Care Clinic in Dallas
- Launched the national associate recognition program, Faces of LifeCare
- Strengthened our leadership teams in our operations areas
Whether you’re working on Labor Day, or taking some time to relax, please take a minute to reflect on how you contribute to the success of LifeCare every day and know that your work is much appreciated.
Yours in health,
Jim Murray Frank Battafarano
CEO President and COO