June is Men’s Health Month, a time dedicated to bringing awareness to preventable health problems and early detection/treatment of diseases among men. The month also provides opportunity to encourage men to take advantage of preventative visits available to them, like annual check-ups with their doctor and bi-annual dental exams.
How can you get started?
Eat healthy – Start by taking small steps like saying no to super-sizing and yes to a healthy breakfast. Eat many different types of foods to get all the vitamins and minerals you need. Add at least one fruit and vegetable to every meal.
- Go365 offers several courses geared toward healthy eating, including: Living Lean: Nutrition & Lifestyle Management. With this course, you’ll learn to create a permanent change in your relationship with eating to eliminate your emotional cravings for sweets, fats and carbohydrates.
Get moving – Play with your kids or grandkids. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Go for a walk with your dog. Do yard work. Play a sport. Keep comfortable walking shoes handy at work and in the car. Most importantly, choose activities that you enjoy to stay motivated.
- Don’t forget to sync your device or download a fitness app to your phone to track your steps and earn points with Go365! You can earn one point for every 1000 steps taken. You can also earn up to 3,000 points a year for participating in athletic events, including 5Ks, 10Ks, half-marathons, etc.
Make prevention a priority – Many health conditions can be prevented or detected early with regular checkups from your healthcare provider. Regular screenings may include blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, prostate health and more.
- Did you know you can earn points by visiting your doctor or dentist for your preventative check-ups?
- Dental exam – up to 400 points/program year
- Vision exam – 200 points/program year
- Health screening – 400 points per eligible screening
Click here to learn more about Men’s Health Month and Go365 for more opportunities to improve your health.